Still Get Butterflies by Kay

>> Friday

Its crazy the people that life brings your way
I was such a happy woman when I first met you
I knew that my life would never be the same
Then once the cloud and rain appeared I felt regret
I was angry all the time, lied all the time, I was different.
You made me feel so much pain that after awhile I became numb….so immune.
I told myself that it was you, it wasn’t me.
Yet you compared me to them everyday.
They’re prettier, they care about you more.
They’re real women.
What am I to you?...a nobody?....a little girl, you said.
That’s fine.
So I tried to change but it didn’t work because I AM still me and you, still being you still saw
THEM as being better.
I retaliated….

….its crazy the people that life brings your way
I got butterflies when I first met you
They were so big that I couldn’t speak
Yet my heart was still with another and it didn’t open up to you
When it finally did
You made it beat like your drum roll
I was hoping that you would heal every wound that he made
You did


But I started to blame you for every wound that he made


And that wasn't fair to you....


Now that years have passed my open wounds have closed up and you unlike him see me as a woman....a woman you respect....love....cherish


I adore you every single day....

And I still get butterflies when I look at you

1 comments:

Anonymous May 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Wow this is deep girl and very loving! Awesome poem!